Team Exponential Brilliance: #TaxDivas of choice this tax season!
by Amanda Roothman on 3 November 2020
"Behind every successful woman, is a tribe of other successful women who have her back"
Are you still scrambling about trying to get your tax filing done on time? Do not despair! You have Team Exponential Brilliance on your side! Allow us to act as your #TaxDivas this tax season!
We promise our clients a delightful experience, and with the use of our uniquely designed Exponential Brilliance Swift Portal, we ensure to leave a memorable impression on you!
With only two weeks to the tax filing deadline (for non-provisional taxpayers, 16 November 2020) you need to act swiftly!
As SARS embarked on an auto-assessment process this year, they have auto-assessed some individuals based on data received from third parties, such as Employers, Financial Institutions, Medical Schemes and Retirement Annuity Fund Administrators at the end of July 2020.
This process was aimed at non-provisional tax individual taxpayers, with the following typical third party documents:
- IRP5 issued by your employer, with a normal basic taxable income (with no allowances);
- Medical Aid Certificate (with no additional claimable medical expenses);
- Retirement Annuity Certificate(s)
- Interest Certificate(s)
If you fall in the scenario above, you will be able to accept the results of your auto-assessment. The SARS system calculates your tax refund or liability based on the information above.
However, if you wish to claim any deductions such as:
- Business kilometres travelled against a travel allowance, or use of a company vehicle (and you have a logbook);
- Medical expenses not recovered from your medical aid;
- Donations to a Public Benefit Organisation (and you have received a Section 18A certificate);
- Section 12J Venture Capital Company investment deductions (and you have a certificate);
- Expenses against commission income;
SARS will not know about these claims and it will not be added to the auto-assessment.
Contact us if you want to be blown away with our excellent service, and exponential brilliance!
See, our brand is a set of expectations, memories, and relationships that, taken together, accounts for a client's decision to choose one service over another.
With the above said, Exponential Brilliance is passionate about client satisfaction. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is therefore not an act, but a habit.
"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney.
Act NOW! - we will... we will... R-O-C-K YOU!!
by Amanda Roothman on 31 July